A Room of Oblivion
A Room of Oblivion is an experimental film reflecting on the notion of queer memories, and the failure of it through refound footage taken in a journey with an ex-partner.
Festival Selection: - Selected for 23rd Queer Lisboa, Portugal, Sept 2019- Selected for 35th Ljubljana LGBT Film Festival, Nov 2019
- Screened in EYE Filmmuseum Researchlab, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Feb 2019
- Selected for The Soft Screening, Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art, Rotterdam, Apr 2019
- Exhibited in Queer Bodies, Korzo Theater, The Hauge, Sept 2019 - Screened in Extra: Queer Landing by Mini Maxwell in International Queer & Migrant Film Festival, Amsterdam, Dec 2019
Songs from Home
Songs from home shows women who moved to Rotterdam singing in public spaces in typical Dutch landscapes in their mother tongue – as a mean to temporary occupy the space filmed and exhibited.
- Exhibited at Home is Wherever I’m with U, Enclave Lab, London, UK, Mar 2019
- Screened at MIASMA, Neverland Cinema, NL, Jan 2019- Screened at Earthly Vision: Student Film Compliation, Haiton Art Center, TW, Jul 2018
- Exhibited in Excavating Empathy, TENT, NL, Mar 2018
Letter to the Outsider
The short film is based on a letter transgresses the boundary of inside and outside, here and there. Witnessing Hong Kong’s political imprisonment far from home, the film attempts to question human perception of a space or a country, reflected in images of repurposed prisons in the Netherlands. (6’35”)
- Selected for Asian Short Competition in 20th Seoul Women's Film Festival, South Korea, May 2018
- Selected for 11th FilmAid Film Festival, Kenya, Sept 2018
- Selected for 18th South Taiwan Film Festival, Taiwan, Nov 2018
- Selected for 14th Early Bird International Student Film Festival, Bulgaria, Nov 2018- Selected for 15th San Francisco International Queer Women of Color Film Festival, San Francisco, United States, Jun 2019
- Screened in Researchlab in the EYE Filmmuseum, the Netherlands, Feb 2018
- Screened in Reflex Action, KINO Rotterdam, the Netherlands, Jul 2018 - Screened in Showcase: Internation Queer & Migrant Film Festival Academy, De Balie, the Netherlands. Dec 2018
In Cantonese, “Your Boss” can be a swear word, some said it is a minced oath to replace mother with boss, some said it is a way to show frustration at work.
Your Boss is a video work created by Dorothy Cheung, Kiki Ho and Siuming, that explores situations people facing while working in the art industry. The turnover rate and churn rate in art industry in Hong Kong is high and we would like to find out the reason by a pictionary game that divided into two parts: one person would describe their boss and another person would draw that based on his/her description. It was fun and frustrating at the same time.
The work was shown in Haiton Art Center, Taipei, Taiwan from Feb to Apr 2017.